Tuesday, May 30, 2017

High Church



Today, my fellow cohort and I visited a significant church in Stratford-upon-Avon, England; the Holy Trinity Church. Here at this church, William Shakespeare is buried with his wife, among other important family members. Emotionally moving moments like these remind me why I appreciate not knowing about certain landmarks such at this. Throughout this trip, the greatest moments for me have been when I personally didn't know about what I going to see that day. Funny enough, I'm sure the professors accompanying this trip state what we are going to do before we do it; my mind wanders in different places accidentally and fails to hear these plans. Luckily though, I encounter beautiful places like this church will a fresh ignorant air. In this same church, there is a memoriam to William Hunt, one of the founding members of the pre-raphaelite Brotherhood. He was a well-known painter that dedicated his life to capturing the real spirit of nature in his art. I wonder if he himself is buried there. This morning began in Bath, England at the Hilton, and we had a full continental breakfast. Then most of my morning was spent at the Roman Baths, in Bath. Then, while on the bus ride to Stratford-upon-Avon, I slept and mentally planned out my novel. So needless to say, the things I saw today were immense inspirations for what I want in my novel. For the end of the day, me and my friends has McDonalds and saw a play, "Antony and Cleopatra". 

4 comments:

  1. I love that these locations have been fuel for your novel. When we visited stone henge and the baths I kept thinking about all the great stories that may have taken place there that we will never know. I love thinking that we could pen one of those tales, even if it's just from our imagination, for others to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was mesmerized by the church as well! There was just so much to look at while there and the architecture was breathtaking. It still kind of amazes me that these buildings are older than pretty much anything you'll find in the United States. While in the church I found a little booklet that went further into the construction of the church itself and how the stained glass windows were originally made. It took so much work to make those windows, those people really had to have been very devout to put that amount of time and energy into making windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was amazing that several of his family members along with his wife were also buried in The Holy Trinity Church.
    The Roman Baths were also very beautiful to look at and explore! I loved learning about the history behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Semaj,
    I consider it rather beautiful that you are able to accept events as they come, go with the flow, and exist in the present moment. I can tell that, like myself, you do a great deal of personal reflection and appreciate lingering in emotionally engaging moments. What is it you plan to write about? If you are willing to share that information, I am sure many of us would love a glimpse into your ideas. Some day I will read one of your books, I am sure. Similarly, learning all of this history has sparked within me more knowledge and thought flow production to fuel my passion for acting. Like the great story tellers whose graves, birth places, and great works we have been examining, we are lucky to have opportunities to share stories with the world as well. Tell stories, we shall!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete