Sunday, June 4, 2017

London, bye ta ta!

I’m sitting here, at Heathrow airport, getting ready to board and I couldn’t think of a more perfect way to have ended the trip of a lifetime. I had a peaceful breakfast watching BBC before leaving to go to Twinnings, again, with Allie, Keeley and Emily. We spent so much time there, and I got maybe a little too much tea. We went walking around a bit after that and said hello the the dragon guarding London City. After walking to the Thames to find the nearest tube station, we were met with a closed station, so we decided to walk to the next station… which was also closed. But we were up for the walk as we got to take in all the sites one last time. I went back to the hotel with 4 bags of tea so that we didn’t have to carry it with us before going to Leicester Square. We stopped at some shops, got food, and I got my friends a lot of candy. Once we had finished eating, we went to a place that I had wanted to go all trip-the Abbey Road Studios to see where the Beatles took one of their most iconic photos. I’m so glad that I got to see it! It was magical.
Once we had finished there, we went back to the hotel and packed a little before we left for the restaurant to have our farewell dinner. It was a wonderful way to say good bye. I’ll miss London, and in the words of David Bowie, “London bye ta ta!”

No comments:

Post a Comment