Monday, June 5, 2017

There I Am, An Ocean Away. Do I Have To Live An Ocean Away?

(Psst! The title is a Hamilton reference, if you didn't get that already.)
Sunday morning was a little busy, but what would you expect when you're traveling back home? Merry, Stephanie, Meagan, Cassandra, Rachel Stipetich, Allie and I rode in a (silver) black cab to the airport. Allie left us to get on her flight, and the rest of us sat around the terminal, occasionally getting up to get coffee. Then we got on our plane and were off to America.

The flight went well. When we started our descent, we were finally able to see American soil.

Customs was a bit confusing, but nobody got in trouble when we landed. I said goodbye to everyone as I left to catch my second flight to Chicago. For some reason that only someone who flies planes would know, the pilot didn't land straight away in O'Hare and instead flew out over Lake Michigan to loop us back around. I'm glad he did because I took this cool picture of the Windy City.
It's a little fuzzy through the glass, but you can see Navy Pier (the white strip over the water) and the Wilis Tower, formerly known as the Sears Tower (the tall, dark building to the far right).

My flight landed early, and my baby sister just graduated high school that afternoon, so I had dinner at the airport. I made the mistake of not buying Chicago deep dish pizza in the Terminal before I claimed my luggage. I had to settle for Starbucks, which wasn't bad. But it wasn't deep dish pizza, either.

I was finally picked up and on my way to countryside Cedarburg. I'm glad to be home...

I miss London already.

No comments:

Post a Comment