Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Break From the Heat

So I suppose one of the nice things about being assigned Sundays to do my blog post is that it does force me to get out and do something instead of resting all day. I must admit, I genuinely feel exhausted every night after walking around London all day.

Today I did take it a little easier than normal. I allowed myself to sleep in since I got home really late after visiting a friend in Bedford yesterday. By the time I got up the group I normally hang out with had gone to the Natural History Museum, and I didn't feel up to another experience with Sunday museum busyness.

After leafing through the London Top 10 book I settled on Regents Park and after wandering down to the dining room I collected Rayne as a park buddy with the promise of a bench to journal at. Both Rayne and myself had read about Regents Park in Mrs. Dalloway and upon arriving at the park we both could easily envision the characters wandering around the park. It was so beautiful!

While at the park I was treated to my first view of a real poppy, many different kinds of birds, and gorgeous rose gardens. The park was filled with people having picnics, playing lawn games, and enjoying the slightly cooler day. It felt like I was no longer in the heart of London but instead in a park out in the countryside. It was a really nice break from the hustle and bustle of the city. Rayne and I both enjoyed just sitting by the lake and watching the ducks, geese, and swans swim around.

No comments:

Post a Comment