Monday, May 15, 2017

I was London Bound, But I'm In London Now!

Hey everyone!
I'm Karissa Sworski, I just graduated from The College of St Scholastica on Saturday May 13th, 2017, with a Bachelors of Arts in Biology.




This is my very first time traveling abroad! My lovely friends (Alex and Tayler) and I got to Heathrow Airport about an hour and a half ago and are currently waiting for everyone else to show up so we can get this show on the road!


We had quite the adventure to get to London. It all started bright and early on Sunday morning in a small town up on the Iron Range. We woke up excited for our adventure. We took the four hour long drive down to Minneapolis and we made it through check in and security with about two hours to spare. Then the delays started. First it was about 20 minutes, then it was an hour, which was no big deal, until we realized that our layover in Newark airport was only an hour and a half long. We made it through the first flight, but got steadily more nervous about whether or not we would make the second one.





In Newark, we pulled up to Gate C85 and finally got off the first plane at 9:25pm. Our next flight was only boarding until 9:35pm and we had to get to Gate C108. So we sprinted through the airport and caught our plane with only about two minutes to spare.






We then found out that the flight was actually being delayed because our luggage had to be transferred, so we sat in the plane for about half an hour before we finally left the United States. Now we are in London. We have navigated security yet again and made it safely into the country and through some airport tunnels. I am extremely exhausted, I feel gross and dirty, and I want a shower, but I can’t wait to explore London!

No comments:

Post a Comment