Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Sunday Funday!

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life! That is no exaggeration!
        We had the opportunity to tour Warner Bros. Studios to see the Making of Harry Potter!!!

Many of us are such huge fans that a group of us were there for 7 hours! We may have seen it all, but we just were not ready to part with it.

This is a few of my friends who couldn't hold their excitement when they saw the shuttle that was taking us to WB Studios.


WB Studios is where all eight movies were filmed! The tour consisted of so many sets, hundreds of props, and many of the various costumes that the actors actually wore! They opened a new area for the public to tour and that was the forbidden forest! On your way in, Buckbeak was waiting for us and he even bows and sways side to side as he looks at you. Then, you walk in to the forest where so many spider webs hanging from trees! We discovered how the special effects worked and it was genius! The spider jumped out at us while it was thundering and very foggy from the special effects smoke! I may have been a little frightened by the time we walked out of the forest. But it was still amazing!

We even got to experience how filming is done with a green screen and that was pretty cool! 

The last part of our tour right before the gift shop, we saw Hogwarts! It was so magical and special that I was getting emotional. Not the mention, the music wasn't helping. 

When the tour was done, we went to the gift shop. There were so many cool things to buy! I ended up buying a few key chains, magnets, and some really cool lollipops.

As we were walking out the exit doors of the studios, there were actual molds of three pairs of hands. Can you guess whose? I'll tell you. They were from Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe, and Rupert Grint!!!
I just want to point out that Daniel Radcliffe's hands were the exact same size as mine. Perfect match?

The first Harry Potter book written by J.K. Rowling was released almost 20 years ago! This franchise has been so successful it's crazy to even think about it! It was really cool to see that younger children are fans and that it has continued onto this next generation.

3 comments:

  1. I hope J.K. Rowling knows how much of an impact Harry Potter has had on our generation. I remember when Harry Potter was first becoming a thing and how the magic from the books and movie were just magical for a young Cassandra (and old Cassandra as well). I was in the Harry Potter fandom since I could read and was extremely happy to see this in person and to think that our generation was defined by this amazing woman's idea, thank you J.K. Rowling! And now we have Fantastic Beasts to look forward to so the magig will stay alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the castle they used for filming was definitely my favorite part of the tour, I remember I dropped my phone and just stared at it when I first walked in the room! I think it's so interesting how much work it actually put into it, and how long it took to fully complete. Can you imagine hand painting and placing all of those shingles? Seeing how the special effects were done was super neat too, using the animatronic Hagrid head for filming was not something I expected! Do you think there will be more sections added to the studio as time goes on? I think being able to walk through the Burrow would be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete