Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Murder Mysteries, Gnomes, and Other Adventures

Hi everyone! I'm Alex Crum, a newly minted Biochemistry and Biology graduate of CSS.  I graduated the day before we left for London, so its been a pretty intense couple of days!

This is my first time in London, and I'm pretty psyched.  I found two stowaways in my bag when I got here, but they seem like pretty chill roommates so I decided to let them stick around.  You'll probably hear quite a bit about what they get up to in London, too.  Here's a picture of them:




Today we went on a super cool Shakespeare walking tour, after which a few of us got pizza together near Trafalgar Square.  The mini-gnome really enjoyed it.



After that, we saw The Mousetrap, the longest running play in the world (It has been showing continuously since 1952!).  Every new show sets a Guinness World Record, which I thought was pretty cool.  It's a murder mystery written by Agatha Christie, and even though I've seen it before, I still got pretty wrapped up in the suspense.  The premise is similar to Clue, with a houseful of guests trying to figure out which of them is a murderer. The actors made us swear not to tell people the ending though, so you won't read any spoilers here!


Once the show ended, we were free for the night, so Karissa, Tayler and I went on an adventure that started with our first solo tube ride.  We wandered in the area around our hotel for a while and stumbled across King's Cross Station before buying sandwiches at Tesco (an adventure in itself), and eating in Russel Square Park.  The park was beautiful, and Tayler played in the fountain.  Mini-gnome hung out with us most of the day, but I don't really know what the ninja gnome got up to.





1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun on the Shakespeare walking tour! We got to see so many parts of London that I would not have ever connected back to Shakespeare!
    Pro-tip: We discovered that Tesco charges 5 pence for getting a plastic bag with your purchase. We're pretty sure that other places do to, so if you can avoid using bags you can save some money!

    ReplyDelete