Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Rome First, Then London!

Hello everyone, my name is Maggie Beasley and I'm going to be a senior nursing student this year. I participated in the literature portion of the trip because I grew up loving to read anything having to do with London. Yesterday was absolutely insane! Emily and I went to Rome before London so we didn't have a super long flight but we were beyond exhausted. We left MSP Friday night, landed in Rome Saturday night, spent all day Sunday out and about exploring Rome (and getting sunburned), and we finally woke up at 3:30 am (2:30 am London time) and were at FCO airport by 5 am. The driver we had yesterday was very nice and only went about 75 miles per hour, the driver who took us from the airport to our hotel on Saturday was doing 180 km/hr which is roughly 111 mph, not a fun experience. We went through security quickly and got to wait around for 3 hours before our flight left. It was totally worth it to enjoy authentic cappuccinos and croissants while we waited. It was definitely an experience taking 4 international flights within roughly two days (MSP to Iceland to Denmark to Rome to London) and for as tired as we are I don't think it's something I want to do again too soon! We were both shocked by how massive Heathrow Airport is, it dwarfs all of the airports in the United States. We had no idea where we were supposed to be in the airport so we dragged Semaj into getting lost looking for us, but we all eventually made it back to Terminal 3 alive! I'm so excited to actually be in London now and sock in all of the history, I cannot wait for all of our upcoming adventures!


3 comments:

  1. I understand about traveling being tiring! When I flew from Italy to Ireland this semester, I traveled for around 18 straight hours. It also seems that Europeans in general like to drive very fast. Their roads also seem to be smaller, which is a combination that makes me very nervous. I am excited to explore London as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a blast staying in three different and unique cities with you within this past week. It was exhausting but totally worth it! I am still amazed by the fact that we survived the 111 mph taxi ride. It's one experience that I will never forget. Out of the three cities (Rome, London, and Dublin) which have you enjoyed the most? I'm so glad that you have gotten to experience European travel for the first time and I got to be a part of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so much to fit in! I had a final Thursday and I can't even imagine finishing my final only to fly out the next day, get to Rome, and then fly again. I hope you guys had an amazing time in Rome, it sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete