Sunday, May 21, 2017

Dublin Weekend

This week has been absolutely amazing! London is fabulous, as I'm sure you've gathered from everyone else's posts, but I also got the opportunity this weekend, to travel to Dublin, Ireland. We (Alex, Tayler, Rachel, and I) left bright and early on Saturday morning. We landed in Dublin at about 8:00 am. The flight was only about an hour long, so we had been up since 3 am and only had a short cat nap on the plane. It's pretty safe to say that we were all exhausted, but we didn't let that slow us down.


There were no concrete plans in place, and we were pretty much just winging it in the things to do category. Lucky for us we met another American and a certified Dublin tour guide on the bus out of the airport. The other American was just a fun coincidence, but the tour guide gave is some great inside tips on things to do. We took careful note, and thanked her with all the enthusiasm we could muster. Navigating a new city can be challenging. Luckily we had Google on our side and no commitments until our flight back to London the next day.

The very first thing we did was get breakfast. It was amazing.




Breakfast gave us an energy boost, and the rest of the weekend flew by. We visited Dublin Castle, a couple museums, and Trinity College. All of which were gorgeous and old. Trinity College had an exhibit called the Book of Kells. This is a Christian Gospel Book, but the end of the exhibit brought us to the largest library I have ever seen. It was probably the best room I have ever been in.



As I write this, I am on a bus back to London from the airport. While my adventure in Dublin may be over, for now, I look forward to visiting again! I am also really looking forward to getting a shower, some sleep and getting to visit the Harry Potter studio in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Karissa, I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Dublin! I love that city. I completely understand about being tired with early travels and such, it really is not much fun. However, being able to visit new places does make it a little better! Running into a tour guide was great luck, that must have been fun to get advice from her!
    The Long Room at Trinity College was one of my favorite experiences from my semester. To be surrounded by so many books was incredible. I didn't want to leave when I was there! Did you look at the busts they had lining the end of the bookshelves? I found a few of my favorite philosophers when I was there!

    ReplyDelete