Sunday, May 28, 2017

Hiding in Hyde

My day started in the late hours of the night. I went to my first night club, a gay bar where we danced the night away-going home at 2am. On our walk home, we found pizza, that would have tasted poorly had we not been so hungry. We took the tube home and got everyone to bed, I had so much fun dancing!

Because of our late night, I slept in until 8:45, where I went to breakfast. After breakfast and tidying up my room, my small group went to Hyde Park. Hyde Park is an amazing place. There is a river than runs through it, and it's laced with walking paths, biking paths, and lots of grass to go sit and relax. Which is just what we did because of our late night. Some of us read, others journaled, while some just laid


 enjoying the sun and listened to music. Alissa was one who laid in the sun listening to music, and it became apparent after her sunburn set in. If you’ll notice in the picture, you can see where her fingers were!

I’ve always enjoyed riding my bike, so when presented the opportunity to ride one at Hyde Park, I took it; despite wearing a dress. This was one of the best things I’ve done all trip. I enjoyed feeling so free and embracing the sites!
After spending hours at the park, we went back to the hotel but not before stopping to pick up lunch at Tesco. After eating, Matt, Alissa, and I went to go see the critically acclaimed show Wicked. I’ve seen the show before, but it’s been close to 7 years, so I didn’t remember too much. As soon as the actors and actresses started singing tears sprung to my eyes. I was simply in awe with the theatrics and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment