Sunday, May 14, 2017

Hello From The Airport Terminal

Hello everyone, Rachel Aiken here (sorry for the exhausted looking photo, I'm currently on my layover in Chicago). For those that don't know me I'm officially now a senior HIM student. I transferred to CSS last year after getting my Associates in Medical Office Technology. I believe I'm one of the older students on this trip (probably the oldest, but who knows, it isn't polite to ask a woman's age after all). This will actually be my second trip to London, and my third trip to Europe, but I'm really excited to have the opportunity to go back!

I'm one of the students that is flying solo, I booked my flight through United (before they had that huge story come out regarding people getting dragged off planes) because it was one of the cheapest I could find. It's not my first time flying, and not even my first time flying alone so I wasn't too worried about being alone for the flight.

So far the actual flying and airport portion today has gone very smoothly (knock on wood). This morning, however, was not quite as smooth. I picked out my outfit I was going to wear today a week or so ago, but wore it on Friday for an evening farewell dinner. Didn't realize that the grease stains that I had gotten on it hadn't come out in the wash. So there I am, checked bag packed meticulously and not wanting to disturb it, trying to figure out what in the world I'm going to wear on this flight. Well thank you Google, if any of you ever have a grease stain on your clothes, here is what worked for me. Dawn dish soap, baking soda, and a lot of scrubbing with a toothbrush. I wish I had taken before and after photos, because let me tell you I couldn't believe that those stains came out that well.

The last time I flew was for my cousins wedding 4 or 5 years ago and one of the things I'm most surprised about is how smart Google is. I'm pretty tech savvy, but sometime technology still just wows me. Below you'll see screenshots of my Calendar entries for my Google calendar. First off, I didn't even schedule these events, Google picked them out of my e-mail and figured I'd like to have them in my calendar. The second thing I'd like to point out is that Google figured out what terminals I'd be flying out of and noted the fact that my first flight left and landed ahead of schedule. Maybe some of you wont find this as interesting, but I thought it was pretty cool.

 Well people are starting to line up for our flight so I should probably end here. About 8 more hours and we'll all be in London! Thanks everyone for following us.

1 comment:

  1. It must have been a pretty long night/ morning  flying alone. I'll have to try that remedy for getting stains out of my cloths next time I get a stain out of my cloths. Google really did all of that? I'm surprised I think next time I fly I'll have to use my Google account the help plan that trip to the airport.

    ReplyDelete