Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Our 1st Day In London!

Hey everyone!


My name is Nejla Topic and I am officially a junior at The College of St. Scholastica studying Business Management and Finance.


This is my first time visiting London, but it has always been a dream of mine to visit!


Today, everyone arrived at the Heathrow Airport in London and as a group we made our way to the hotel where we will be staying for the next three weeks. I rode on the tube for the first time and although it was very overwhelming at first, I sort of got the hang of it which made it less stressful. We took the Piccadilly Line to Leicester Square where we then took a connecting tube towards Goodge Street. When we finally made our way out of the underground station and peeked our noses outside, it was amazing! That first whiff of fresh air was long awaited. We walked a few blocks over to our hotel and had about an hour to unpack and get settled before our neighborhood walking tour.


During the tour, we walked through Tavistock Square which you can see down below. The trees were very green and you could see and hear all the birds chirping around. There was even a squirrel inching towards a few of us! We also saw the Virginia Woolf Statue while in Tavistock Square.



After the tour, we all had dinner together at a pub near our hotel called the Marlborough Arms. I ordered a dirty burger. It was delicious, I highly recommend it. This dinner gave everyone a chance to get to know one another which was awesome!


After dinner, a few of us took a stroll in the drizzly rain to Tesco. We needed to buy some snacks and hygiene products. I can say that we successfully made our way back to the hotel without getting lost!

When I finally made it back to my room, I crashed instantly so I think you could say I had an awesome first day!

2 comments:

  1. Nejla,

    It is my first time in London as well! I enjoyed our day(?) of travel together. The walk was an excellent way to jump into our adventure. I was delighted to see how close we are to so many fascinating sites including the square and several other parks. While we were walking, I overheard a few people talking about their interest in visiting the parks to find inspiration as Woolf once did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that our first week is officially over and it's the weekend, it's really fun to read back on our adventures from the beginning of the week. I don't know about you but I definitely thought at the beginning of the trip that it would take me forever to get the hang of the neighborhood, but honestly now I think that I know my way around pretty well.

    ReplyDelete