Friday, May 26, 2017

Greetings from a Dublin airport!

Greetings!
My name is Rachel Stipetich! I am now going to be a senior at the college of Saint Scholastica this coming fall! I am an intended English major with an American Sign Language minor! I am planning on going to grad school after I graduate, but am unsure if I will be going for my Teaching License or if I will go to become an ASL interpreter. I love music, dance, theatre, and I am a huge Whovian, so being in London is truly my cup of tea!
Today as a theatre group we went to the National Theatre to take an amazing tour of the theatres and backstage. We were able to learn about how the larger stage's audience is positioned in a 118 degree fashion so the actor may see all the audience and thusly insuring all audience can see the actors. We also learned that they keep all their props but strike their sets. 
Once back, I had to pack and figure out my trip for Dublin! Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Whoops. I've had internet problems ever since arriving, trouble with hostels, boarding passes, problems that cause things not to be posted to Facebook on time, ect. The afternoon was a tad rough technology wise. Fun! But rough. Then I had my own adventure on the Tube, and arrived safety at the Apollo Theatre where I met my American friend, Jessica, and her family who also happened to be traveling. We saw Wicked! AMAZING. Hands down one of the best performance I've ever seen. I highly recommend it!! Even though half my day was "by myself" and not with the group, it was a very successful day! Got back to my room at about 11:30pm then caught a uber to the airport at about 3:30am. It's currently a very early hour of the morning where everyone here (in London) and back home (even with the 6 hour difference) is still sleeping and I'm running off about 3 hours of sleep.  Super pumped to land in Dublin, and I hope the wifi is strong enough to post this! 

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment